It was all pain, all gain at the top of the weekend box office.
The Mark Wahlberg-Dwayne Johnson comedy Pain & Gain opened in first place, earning an estimated 20 million dollars.
The previous box office champ, the Tom Cruise thriller Oblivion, slipped to the second spot, collecting 17.4 million bucks.
The ensemble comedy The Big Wedding, featuring Robert De Niro, Diane Keaton and Susan Sarandon, debuted in fourth place, with 7.5 million.
Next weekend, all of these movies will take a backseat to Iron Man 3. The Marvel sequel, which will be released in the U.S. this Friday, May 3rd, earned more than 195 million dollars overseas this past weekend.
Here are the top 10 movies from Friday, April 26, through Sunday, April 28, with estimated ticket sales:
1. Pain & Gain, $20 million.
2. Oblivion, $17.4 million.
3. 42, $10.7 million.
4. The Big Wedding, $7.5 million.
5. The Croods, $6.6 million.
6. G.I. Joe: Retaliation, $3.6 million.
7. Scary Movie 5, $3.5 million.
8. Olympus Has Fallen, $2.8 million.
9. The Place Beyond the Pines, $2.7 million.
10. Jurassic Park, $2.3 million.